Monday, December 19, 2011

The Bloody Truth

You want the truth?!
You can't handle the truth!

No truth handler you! Bah! I deride your truth handling abilities!

It seems as much a a surprise to me as it should you, but people don't actually want the truth. I shall repeat it again, people do not want the truth. As much as people, society, searches to find the truth, truth of the matter is, it's not what they are really looking for.

Over this weekend I came into conversations that when the truth was presented, it was discredited as not being true. Now I know I've discussed how people don't want the truth before, maybe it was in blog or just casual conversation, but in light of a certain exchange I had late Friday evening my ears were more sensitive to people hating the truth.

I don't know how to make myself any clearer really. People tend to think I'm rude or an asshole because I say exactly what I'm thinking, what I'm feeling, and what I know to be right. People aren't used to that kind of straight-forwardness. But what's even crazier is the fact that people will, initially commend me for being an honest person...but once that truth is shocking, disrupts their little world, then my friends, then I am the one who is wrong.

I'll admit, maybe my tact is a little off, but I suppose when you are being direct, there's no appropriate way to sugar coat things. I m very bad at trying to beat around the bush, I find it's a waste of time. I'm not here to play reindeer games (like monopoly).

Let me let you all in on a little secret..If I speak it from my mouth it is the truth. Shhh, I know, crazy stuff right there. If in the middle of a conversation I say something, something that seems incomprehensible, sure, question it at first..but once i repeat it again mark it as the truth and accept it.

I made a statement to a friend, granted it was an "if then" statement but none-the-less it was something I stated, to which she replied "not true" - which actually really pissed me off. I don't know i the "not true" was an enticer to get me to go on about whatever I stated in more elaborate detail, but judging from the conversation I doubt it...she was acting as if she knew all truisms and apparently that wasn't one of them. I remember firing back to her with a "Yes true! Are you serious? I just said it...therefore I mean it. How can you say no to my feelings?" And just like that she had nothing.

How can one question the things I state as the truth..How can one question my feelings, my emotions, my being. "My perception is my reality" speech; if it's true to me, then it's fucking true.

People don't want to hear what they say they want to hear. I tell the truth and people's preconceived notions of me disintegrate...their brain farts, implodes as their worlds comes to a crashing halt. I'm sorry what you heard is not what you wanted to really hear, but that does not have any bearing on it's validity.

Attack the truth with all your anger, laugh contemptuously with ignorance at my truth, but there it will stay, indisputably. So enjoy the fiction you built you're world up around, because that has to make sense, whereas the strange truth (and love) doesn't.

And let's not even get religious on this one...








"In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves."

No comments: