Saturday, February 17, 2007

Day 35 - 8

It's Over!
Yet it's only just begun..

So the one week cruise is over, just repetition for the next 19 weeks...

Oh my dad, I actually had a good day today...i am smiling for the first time in a week...all is well, or so I think...the day started off to a decent start...well, kinda...i woke up, but well before I needed to be to work, so I skipped out on the shower and whatnot and went back to sleep - though I did try to stay awake and just rest my eyes, we all know how that goes...so by the time I awoke it was 620 and I had to rush to get ready...

I get to work and the list/setup was all wrong..but luckily I got assigned to be somebody's back waiter..my first real experience on the floor, go me! So it was alright, I felt as if I wasn't helping out all that much, but the girl (sue) really didn't seem to mind..but you know how things get to me, I want to be at full potential at all times, especially when I am new, I hate being the new guy, doing things wrong, doing them slowly, just a waste of space..but I guess that's how you learn

By the end of that shift I finally decided to greak the ice with the girl and start talking with her, I was quiet most of the shift, but then I just let it all out as my normal Jason self would...my favorite part was when we were talking about beds...i was recanting about how my roommate just left and how i was going to now get the bottom bunk, well she went and replied with saying she had the princess bed (god does that remind me Cedar Point or what?) and I kinda though the bottom bunk was the princess bed, however, the princess bed is the bed all to itself, as if you only had three roommates or three beds, whatever....so then I had to go into the rant about how I thought the bottom bunk was way better..i mean you make a frickin' fort and they provide you with the sheets that pull around all ready, it's just this tight little box like a frickin' coffin with no lights around you..it's crazy good, rest in peace you will..and she's still disagreeing with me so I told her to go ahead, sleep in her bed, then go and sleep, dramtic pause as I see her eyes pick up of the floor and her ears perk up, in somebody else's bed who has the bottom bunk and you tell me the difference and what you think...then I went and called her out how she thought I was goona say sleep in my bed and the conversation just got better..

So after all that nonsense it was to my room to claim the bottom bunk..oh yeah! The bottom bunk already had two foam mattress egg crates just sitting there..so I tore apart my bed above it and just brought it down...i also claimed the two pillows that paul had left behind...you know, it's kinda sad to see him leave, he was actually nice and I know we could have gotten along, but whatever, I get the bottom bunk now...and on top of that paul gave me his boogie board too!

I napped in the bed both before and after I made it, it was just that nice. The lunch wasn't all that great and I wanted to get subway later at the aloha tower, but the nap kinda killed that idea for me..i got out of bed at four, and started to head out..well, while myself and the two I met up with who were heading out at the same time were going about our business this one kid we work with joined, but left all of a sudden to get ready for work, saying we needed to be there at 445..when I had checked with several different sources that we needant be there til 515, so that definitely put a damper on our time out and about...so we rush back to our rooms, change, and get to work only to find a couple people sitting and waiting...yeah, well we didn’t have to be there til 515 like I was told...

So after that half hour passed we had our little pre-shift meeting and I found out I had to go to the embarkation BBQ, excitement maybe..that meant changing out of the formal wear and going out to the outside...so I ran back to my room, changed, but ran up to the fourth deck to meet up with brian who also had to work the BBQ with me..we quickly ran into the mess caf to eat a very fast dinner...timing from when we sat down to when we finished the last bite was three minutes, I don't know how we did it...then we took the elevator up to the eleventh deck..eatting on the clock is good....

So we get there and the two of us are assigned on bussing tables throughout the entire pool deck, we had halves on the upper area which was fine because they gave us bus tubs to use..and this is when I had a blast....i just walked around, saying aloha every three seconds, and clearing tables...not too long was it before people starting talking to me and wanting to interact with me...

I talked to this one group of older people for awhile and they were really nice, I gave the one lady some of my Dramamine to help ease her eventual nausea..and one of the guys tipped me, it was only a dollar, but but made me the happiest person in the world, I was officially back!

So I did my thing, happy as could be..then one lady grabbed ahold of my arm and asked for a drink..at first I told her I couldn't go and get her a drink..but then I remembered where I was, like I had a total lapse of memory...i had a micros card, I could do this, and I did..which was the start of a brilliant work shift..

It wasn't too much later I found another table that wanted drinks, and I was able to deliver, a lot faster this time because I figured out how the micros computer setup worked, this was my first time ever using it and it was a complete crash course...but simplistic enough

I came across this one table, they gave me their drink order, but they were a lively group and started cracking jokes with me...and at first it really threw me for a loop..i went into the, I'm formal *insert proper pose with serviette here* I didn't know how to react..but a few seconds and more jokes later I was talking about leiing their wives and all was well..

By the end of the night I had made ten dollars or so, and that was just by bussing tables, I wasn’t even a cocktail server and I was able to rock it out..oh man it was great, I felt so alive to interact with people and make them smile...now don't get me wrong, they absolutely piss me off to no end, but I was making somewhat of a difference in their lives and it made me happy...

After that point I was on cloud frickin' nine, I came back to my room with a new sense of direction on this whole cruise job thing, like a weight had been taken off my shoulders, I could stand up straight again, you get the idea..

I was all dancey in my room as I changed clothes...i went to the sky deck to see the island shrink into the distance, one snag was that my phone though it showed I had bars, was not able to actually make the calls...so I hung out in the crew rec area next to the mess hall and chilled there making conversation...that one girl named sue stopped by and we chatted..i did flirt with her and I caught myself after I said things...like I didn't even mean to say them I was just making conversation, but god, I know she has a crush on...don't think I am high on myself, her roommate, liz, told me..yeah, it's good to know people..

Afterwards I went to the bar..that's right, I was in such a good mood I went to the bar..it was lame as usual and I wasn't there for long, just enough to play a game of presidents and assholes, where I came in second, or vice? And then we went back to the mess to grab the late night buffet..it was funny and sad to see, but all of class 109 was all in a row along the back of the mess, then we started hollering out our class number and whatnot, it just got out of control...one random person did respond back with "102!!!"

Then it was back to the bar to chill some more...nothing too intense..i did lick christina's face randomly and she shrieked like none other, then almost pushed me off the bar stool while everyone in the bar looked and our group was in hysterics..i told the story of my roommates underpants and that was about it..people were getting drunk and I eventually called it a night somewhere around one in the morning...

I left, with my girl Kelly sitting right behind me, not once did she look over at me or anything, she doesn't notice and doesn't care apparently..yet I still try? Liz even commented on what was I thinking going after the hard and rough girl when I had Hermina coming up to me and actually talking to me, being all friendly and I thought she wasn't interested, which I don't think she really is..besides, Hermina may be cute and all (sad to say but somewhat of a cuter, thinner, taller Brooke) but she just talks with all these loser guys..and when I see that I think she's trying to get with them for their "attractiveness" but they are just fucking D-bags so her taste in men is sub-par..whatever, I don't deal with shit like that..i'll stick with the girl who ignores thank you very much...

I got back to the room, gave chris my windows xp discs so he can try and repair his computer and I typed up my day..i had to tell someone what a great mood I was in..i was dancing!!!











"shrieks, laughter, 109!"

No comments: