Thursday, February 15, 2007

Day 33 - 6

Maui-licious
And junk..

I don't even know what that means...

Well today was the day, right? Everyone hypes up maui to be the island to end all islands..so I figured since I had a block of time in the afternoon, why not check it out...but first I had to work breakfast...when I arrived at 630 like I was scheduled (alright I was a little early but it was ok) there were like only three people there..the numbers grew along with the time, but wow...i worked resets for breakfast, no biggie, life was a breeze and we got out of there early...

I ran into josh and we decided to jump ship for maui...we left, tried to take a free shuttle to the beach but the person running the line was a jerk, saying to hell with crew members..so we just walked, leaving chris and liz to take a different shuttle to the mall...

We walked around, and you know, things suck when you are on foot here...like I want all the cool things to be right there for me...i don't want to see urban life, fucking mcdonald's and shopping malls..i want to see cool things..well we finally made it to the beach...i walked into the water and got my shoes all wet, life was good...we were there out and about for a couple hours and we decided to head back to the ship before we die of getting a sunburn

You know I like josh, at first I thought he was a psycho killer going to do bad things to me while I slept in my room at piney point, but soon I realized that was not the case, rather it would be james to flip out and go crazy...but yeah, josh is a little wacky, but I like it, we are on the same level of outlandish humor, and he brings out a more childlike side..i don't know if that's good or bad, but it makes me laugh and that eases the stress..

We ate up some lunch, I retrieved several voicemails and tried my best to reply but to no avail...then I headed to my room where I went to type..but that never happened..i got as far as pressing the play button on itunes and fell asleep...i would awake at 521...

So I awoke, late by what would turn into 45 minutes...i got dressed and went to work..i tried to blend in as best I could...and you know it worked..i never checked in with a matre d and nobody said anything, well, except Christina who said that during roll they announced my name but nobody responded...

roll? The one time roll is actually taken and I am not there, oh my...well all seemed to be well in the end I think...i never did check in like I said but I went straight to work..and when we needed to go out out the floor, there I was..i'm too new that I don't think anybody even recognizes me yet, well except for the few..at one point while I was resetting, actually this happened several times, this one matre d called me over, asked my name, then asked where were the other resetters.he pulled out his list, read off the two other names that were supposed to be with me on the starbird side, and said he has only seen me out there..so that was a good thing..

the night eventually ended..i hate doing reset team just because there's so much random work, almost over work because we don't have enough equipment to do things right..ughhh...so I got back to my room to change, the other roommates were cleaning for tomorrow's inspection, and I headed to the sky deck..and you know, I get out there, check my new barrage of messages, and my phone is about to die...luckily I did get a couple voicemails out there and talk to jenny...though the phone did actually die in the middle of the conversation and I had no way of contacting her back..

you know I do miss her in a strange way..sure it can get lonely out here on the seas, but I don't know...i think it's just my in ability to commit that doesn't allow me to really appreciate her, which is sad...just another heart for me to crush, and one they are gone realize how great they truly were and then fall in love with them, or rather the idea...ughh, I hate life

so after my phone died it was time for the midnight buffet followed with conversation and that was all...i didn't get off the ship to go to the bar in maui that everyone goes to, and I didn't go to the crew bar on the ship...i guess I am lame like that....











"have you heard about the new maui light?"

No comments: