Thursday, March 26, 2009

To The Roommate, Again

Part Deux...
Part Duh...

Why did I actually think that my blogging would actually help?

Who am I to try and help a guy out, help a friend out - change comes from within and usually takes 21 times....well, I don’t have time for 21 times..and you can only change if you want to change....

Gandhi said be the change you wish to see in the world, then he killed himself...ok, not really, but that would have been fitting..somebody really needs to do that

So the blog was read by my roommate Gary after I tipped him off...he made someback-hand comment to which I replied with something along the lines with, “remember when you broke guy code and I blogged about it” granted this was two days later, everything I write about is in some sick way a bit of foreshadowing in my life...do we need to go back to one of the first blogs that got me going last year...

As I was saying, gary, while out on the in-spite of Jangus date, was tipped off by me, then phil about the blog, so he grabbed the girls computer and read the infamous article - mind you he also told her she was not allowed to read it sadly enough..

It was then and there he wanted to make a change..apparently the words I spewed out cut like a firey knife...everything I mentioned, sadly, was true - confirmed by other friends within the circle of gary....to which gary still believes not everything was completely the truth...

Regardless...he came home last night and he went straight to his room only to come out five minutes later...i was going to talk to him about everything as soon as I saw him, but I needed to finish my sandwich I just made myself - caring I know...

We talked, I had to open with a hug and tell him I didn’t hate him, I just hated what he had become, because I knew he could be so much better. He seem visibly shaken with everything, but it all came to a crashing halt when word got back to one of his most recent ‘conquests’ - EmEl - in which she was told it was probably not a good idea to be hanging out with him

*Backstory - EmEl’s friend mickee (a chick don’t worry) came over to study with me - we arrived at the apt almost the same time, which ended up being only five minutes before gary showed up..but it was within those five minutes that she got a brief rundown on where gary was - she kept true to her girl code and warned her friend...but did I break guy code by divulging too much information...again, as my last blog opened, I can only take so much before insert something here and in all respect I have been pretty faithful to guy code - given example of a message I was supposed to relay to gary about one girl in front, but it happened to be at a time when a different girl was present, I pretended as if I forgot what I was supposed to say...

so now gary starts fighting for EmEl - saying all the things guys who get backed into a corner say...she’s the one he wants to be with..but in the same breath he also states that he’s not ready to settle down, he’s “enjoying his time being single” - as if this is the first time in a long time he’s been single...NO

I can say I’ve been in a similar boat, more like a ship..and in an entirely different bed of water...he’s just so happy that he’s “on a hot streak” after being cold for so long....this wishy-washy state of wanting your cake and eating it too can only do major damage if not stopped dead in it’s tracks

We talk til 230 in the morning - I work at 6am mind you - and I think there’s some progress being made until he says the lines, “I really want to be with EmEl...she’s the one I am most interested in............i still think I’m going to fuck kooliho

On that note...*sigh* shakes head and walks away....










"You want to have your cake and eat it too...you can't do that...and even if you're upfront and honest to the cake, you're still a fucking douchetool"

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

You said "actually" twice in the first sentence... they actually just said "actually" on the news just as I typed that... I guess it's actually a catchy word.