Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Am I Really a Bad Person?"

Really?
No, not me...

but this was the question i was asked, in all seriousness, today by my roommate Gary...

'i..i...i just don't know how to respond to this' i reply to him as i choke on the sip of apple juice i just took. you can't be serious, he can't be serious...he is serious, i can tell by the tone and that cocked-head look on his face...i understand the question, but what i am confused about is why he is asking the question....didn't i just write a blog several weeks ago about all this..i thought everything was cleared up then and there - where i thought he stood, where everyone else thought he stood, and where he actually stands in society...did this not happen?

i was so in shock and utter dismay by the absurdity that was him asking me that i had to walk away, shaking my head the entire time...of course at the time i said i couldn't even justify giving him a serious answer because i already had given one at one point...but apparently i should have....

i honestly don't know why i take the time out of my life, and out of yours - the readers - ranting about the woes and ways of my roommates, but i suppose it makes for good daytime TV. and also i suppose when shit reaches it's boiling point (which if you look is actually a really high temperature) there's nothing left for me to do...i guess it's more therapeutical for me to release on here, then to have it constantly fall on deaf or ignorant ears...

you know, i think what would happen only hours after being asked that question would suffice as a good enough answer to himself, but he probably doesn't even think about what he did...

we leave for Btown , having both a mutual night off wherein we don't have to work til 9pm the next day, a whole 24 hours without work for me, my largest amount of time off i'll have this week. so down to btown we go (oh, i should mention i didn't have any plans for wednesday night because the plans that i had weren't...enticing enough? they didn't wet the panties? all because i couldn't sell a night of chilling, preemptive cas/lax/thurs style..) so as i said, down to the town of B, for an evening of whatever - i was so self-consumed with hanging out with people and having a good time that i didn't feel a sense of regret...until we hit the road.

About half-way down i started getting the cancellation texts - it's my own fault, i mean i did ask right before we got on the road if everything was still on, to which i got replies of yes, or of course...but it's my fault, i let my guard down being overwhelmed by living in the moment. I don't have friends, i know people who can't keep promises...i think all my exes and potential exes would say it's poetic that all my friends have commitment issues....

so fast forward the night..we are at sports...gary is off being gary...trying to hunt down one of his btown girls that is on a date with someone else..so i mingle with some of the co-workers - which is odd for me seeings how i really have yet to make friends with the co-workers down there...i swear i talk more to the mexicans who bring me dishes than anyone else...so i'm talking to this one girl..she reminds me slightly of someone i know..i call out her type, making reference to her being an opera singer...to which she tells me she was ranked 14th in the state of texas...i can read them like a book...

so i'm making intelligent conversation with this girl, when all of a sudden re-enters gary and from there the conversation goes sexual, gee, who saw that coming..and this is why i hate him...he has this alpha dog complex about him...he sees me enjoying myself with someone and now all of a sudden he has to butt in and mark his 'territory'. it's like he's in some wild imaginary race with me to see who can fuck the new person first...of which i am unaware of and should i be aware i would want nothing to do with.

any and every time i start to have any interest in a new person, it doesn't have to be sexual or not, he will be there to try to get his dick in it...i'm afraid to bring any girl of mine over to the apartment when he is home...like when cpydi came for a week - nothing against her - but i was afraid he'd just walk in my room buck naked while she was in there and try to get it on with her..irrational, sadly no...this is what he does...

and it's because of these foolish ways i can't meet new people....he ruins every chance i get at making new acquaintances because he does what he does..i meet them, he pops in, trys to fuck them, we never speak again, or if we do, it's weird and they can't be around me that much because gary has made things awkward....way to go...

so what happens...he brings the girl over to the place we are staying in bloomington...that's right...not her house...not our place in indy...but becky's place - the place we have been guests at while we stay in btown - without her knowledge might i add...i've had it with the both of them by this point so i go to sleep on the couch...only to have them fool around a couple feet away from me on the other couch...coooooooool..i guess it was so bad it kept becky up in her room...i guess it got so bad becky almost came out their to get me and bring me into her room....they finished up around 7ish and she went home..i was awake for that part...

so here we are again, another blog about my 'horrible' roommate....it doesn't matter what i say anymore..it doesn't matter what anyone says..it's just not going to get through..does gary care...does gary have any consideration for other people....better yet, does gary even have a soul...all the answers are the same, and i think we all *coughahem* know....












"he says as some ironic foreshadowing, 'the motel 6 is only $30 a night..' "

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

oh I get it... you wrote "know"... but you meant "no"...

Oh Jangus! You are such a sneaky little writer!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you know what I would do to him? Hit him in the back of the head...hard.