Saturday, April 04, 2009

Taking a Day Off

day bye day..
where are my trumpets?

why is it always nice outside when i just want the day to not exist..

I wake up a little before 1, but continue to lay in bed - in all actuality I woke up somewhere in the 10’s but I already had an agenda for today and had no reason being up that ‘early’...so 1pm rolls up and I start to make my shimmy out of bed. I slide out of bed and plop myself in front of my computer where I begin my day as usual...reading any texts I received during my slumber, checking any facebook notifications, going through the email, the norm...

I have to shit but someone is taking a shower so the door to the bathroom is locked. While I wait I I pick up my phone seeing it is 130 now and make my call into work...i was offered to take the cut last night, but I opted to work instead saying I preferred to take the cut, if available, on Saturday....and after working last night, I should have taken off both nights.

I call work, the reservations stand where they were last night, so the cut is still available, I graciously take it - tonight will be my first day off from work since Wednesday of last week....funny how my bank account doesn’t reflect that.

The person finally exits the bathroom and reveals themselves to be EmEl, Gary’s most consistent flavor of the week. By now the shit has subsided, so I go into the kitchen to reheat some leftover Olive Garden from a couple days ago.

I land on the couch with my microwaved Italian goodness and turn on the TV...i scroll through the menu guide coming up with absolutely nothing..not even background noise to eat...then I remember I have a plethora of Ghost Hunters recorded I have yet to watch...

It’s going to be a chill day I can tell already...

The hour long episode ends and I make my way into the bathroom for now the shit has returned, and it’s also time to shower...get this day going. In the shower I go over my plans for today...next on the agenda is laundry, all my sheets still need to be washed from when I was sick a couple weeks ago. I originally wanted to hit the gym today, legs day, but that’s really the last thing on my mind...once I get some other things straightened out I’ll be ready for the gym.

The final plan for the day is to head down to Bloomington, I’ve got a date with my duck and some photos with the band I’ve come to enjoy. The last time we saw them I found out the keyboardist has some sick fascination with ducks, just like me, and I told them I’d bring him to the concert so we could all take pics with him...

But as I get out of the shower I have some text messages from TTB and Gary..TTB wants me to work tonight and Gary wants to work tonight...i took the cut from one job that I don’t have to work nearly as hard at...i’m not about to work when I already have plans...and now that Gary wants to work I don’t think I have a substitute to go to this concert with..the band is looking forward to seeing us both..and if I just show up, how lame will that be...i’m not going to this thing alone, I’ve done that enough...i don’t even feel like doing anything at this rate

The Laundromat turns out to be a bust, one of my new articles of clothing decided to bleed and ruin all my whites....cooool...i'm going back home...this day, like this blog has been a bust....it's all been a bust...i'll make something interesting...i'm just dusting the fingers...










"hang me out up to dry..you wrung me out too too too many times"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so you have become friends with the triple dots? sorry that your day was a bust. you should come down this saturday...if you're not already working...b/c we're doing a going away party...b/c this will be the last time wes and i can go out...b/c we're moving back to the fort after graduation.