Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ode To My Beard

shaggy..
..and scruffy

some of the best things happen, when you learn to stop...

*originally made on march 25th*

so i was recently sick, well, still am, but i'm getting better - all that remains at this point is a cough *knocks on wood* As i was saying, sick, right...i was so sick that i missed out on work..as i'm sure you all read i slept from friday night til sunday afternoon - i hadn't been that sick since the sixth grade and i began to worry...i missed work on friday, saturday, sunday, monday, and tuesday..i was off on wednesday so my next day back was thursday at 6am...i made it to work, god only knows why, i spent more on parking than i made at work...

but the real issue other than missing work was during my sickness, i laid in bed and was pretty much dead to the world...so when i went into work on thursday, it had been 6 days since i shaved...i really didn't want to work so maybe the not-shaving was was supposed to be the fork in the microwave (what is supposed to be the analogy there...) well it worked, kinda...i still had to work the breakfast shift but was told they didn't need me for the afternoon shift...

long story over...so that was my first and last shift for the week...the following days would be filled with a trip to Pittsburgh and a wedding...next day back to work, monday morning...the entire time not shaving...honestly i would have lost it in Pitts had cpydi said it looked stupid...but just the opposite..she loved it...

so i kept it, and for the first time in the history of my life i have a beard, well, facial hair to the very least...now this is a complete change for me, and you all know how well republicans do well with change...i held onto the beard as an homage to my sickness...and the month in which i spent four times as much as i made, causing me to spiral back into debt.

but it wasn't just cpydi who liked, or even loved the beard...across the board i've received nothing but compliments..i've been called justin timberlake or even james bond? whatever..i'll take both as compliments because i know how much love from the ladies these guys get...

one major factor is it makes me look older...no longer do i look twelve..instead i look like a teenager with facial hair! so that's a positive for sure

but as i said, this is the first time i've ever rocked the face hair..soooo, i've trying to learn what's good and what's not...at first i was sporting the neck beard...then i was told to trim it up...so i'm slowly learning the ropes...it's a process for sure...

i have only received one complaint from this entire fiasco....an old friend who said she was 'used to the old, clean shavened jangus' - let it be known as this is true, she doesn't like my facial hard yet has dated guys who, 90% of the time have had facial hair...go figs....can't please them all

so how long will this last..good question....like a good woman, i'm bound to get tired of this too...in the meantime, try to catch me while you can and cop a feel











"you know you wanna touch...go ahead...the first one is free"

2 comments:

Amber said...

Wait... was I the one who didn't like it? I don't remember saying I didn't like it. But I didn't rave over it. And I do date guys with beards 90% of the time. If you are referring to me... it's not that I don't like it. I just don't really care much one way or the other. And it's not gonna be the reason I finally decide to give you another go.

Jangus said...

sheesh amber...you act like you're the only one i pine over...lol, and no, it wasn't you....as you stated you were just apathetic to the beard, no surprise there...that's about as much excitement as i can get out of you...that or you hating me...and just what will be the deciding factor to give me a go? ;-)