Friday, May 12, 2006

Was it Really Friday?


So the entire day was a wild one, and I'm starting to wonder what's up

So I woke up having a nice five hour nap, if you can call it that....four to five hours is pretty much the teetering point of calling it a nap and an actual amounts worth of real rest. As i am getting ready for work i get a phone call from some random 812 number, so i reluctantly answer, it's Mira, my salon..they were wondering if i still planned on coming in for my hair appointment. WTF? So i argue with them because i was told Saturday morning, i remember the confussion, because the girl as she closing the conversation said something about Friday and i corrected her, and she agreed and say, "oh you're right, Saturday"....so now i'm pissed, they ask me to come in right then, i told them i was going to work that's why saturday was better...whatever, I've had the same girl cut my hair for well over a year and this is how i get treated, fuckers

So I went to work and did my standard crap there...and right off the bat i was upset, i was on the family table, the only section in the restaurant that wil piss me off....so i just ignore it and i great my table...then within minutes the hosts are pissing me off...the person in the family table section with me was due in fifteen minutes after me...and they are seating their section to have me pick them up..then when the other person does come in they give her a seven top at the family table, which usually gets to me, but this time i sent me over the edge because the party going to that table consisted of Asa and his friends, so that tip would have been good..i remembering going up to the host stand and telling them to "fuck off and die, just fuck off and die" and there was the last of my acknowledgment of the host staff....

So i eventuially get off of work, make my way home and am extremly tired...K-mart wanted to hang out sand i told her she could come overto keep me warm bacause i was gonna lay down on my couch, watch TV, and pass out....well she never came over, and pass out i did, ignoring all alarms and even silencing the TV...when i awoke it was 530, and i was supposed to pick up a shift for jeremy that statrted at 5..nice...

so i roll into thre OG at 6, sleep lines all over my face, and i just play it off...well because i was late they moved me out of the section i was supposed to be in and moved me into two-top hell...whatever, i didn't care..but i made the most of it, there was another just as bad section, the one in the back corner of Ecco, that was also up for grabs...so i told the hosts, let's play a game, keep Jason full by seating him all the two tops, not only for his section, but thw two two-tops in the back corner...so there i was, rocking five two tops all night long...the new host Ashley who was seating me, with the help of Kathleen, did an amazing job, i told her i wanted her to have my babies...she kept me so full at one point i was quadruple sat..

then the freak out part came...so i get cut, but Chase wants me to close for him, and since i missed the dorr being open i told him if he got me a smoke break i would close for him - shocked at what her heard, he made it happen..well eventually...the hosts realized i wasn't cut anymore and they basically triple sat me when i already had one table..so as i am getting them all straightened out, they seat Chase's section..and nobody knows who has it..so i ended up taking my fifth table, and having to run on total opposite ends of the restuarant, complete and opposiute ends...

so just as i needed everything right then and there, it all crashes on me...several of my tables food is coming up, people are wanting to switch beverages, more breadsticks are wanted, and of course they are burning in the oven..so i am freaking out, trying to get everytihng together..and i needed a boat of alfredo...i called for that things like five time before i finally walked up to the line and requested it..and there i saw Ian smiling, slowly putting on his gloves...and i am calling for it, calling for it, becoming more and more impatient, pleading to him with my situation..then i lose it, i call for it and throw the tray that was parked in front of my across the alley, then i walk away and go check on 202, when i get there i find out that someone has taken their order because they had been sitting there awhile since i last had been there...so i make my way to the back and chase meets up with me, hands me the paper that Cassidy tok the order on..and i was so in a frenzy that i couldn't ready it, and she walked past and itold her i'm sorry but i can't read this..she has fine handwriting but i was probably to the point i saw red, ok, maybe not that extreme, but writen words excaped me...

all in all it worked out just fine..i closed, but Doug cut me at quarter til 11 because i no longer had tables..i stayed and chatted it up with TJ who was behind the bar...then our conversation got interupted by Chantel who came back to help TJ, so i peaced out..i made my way home and as soon as i walked in the door i had a gin&tonic in my hand...as promised i called Lauren, only to let her know i was drinking alone and to expect a drunk dial later...so i picked out a movie, Lost in Translation, and made a seat on the couch...i didn't make it thirty minutes into the movie before i started recieving texts and calls from people all over.i had originally started to make plans for Kmart to come over, but as soon as other people called i had to stop and figure out what was going on...i talked with Amber for a majority of it all, she even kept me company as i walked over to Nick's to meet up with Lauren.

yeah yeah, while amber was talking to me, Lauren was texting me, "trying" to get me to come out to nick's with her...so i arrived, got another G&T from the bar and bought Lauren a Heinekin, she was drinking beer tonight and wasn't about to switch over to liquer. We were only there for a bit longer before someone decided to go over to Sports...so we made the looooong walk on over to Sports (now that in my mind would be a crawl) Brandy almost was denied access, but we did make our way in...as soon as we walked in i saw RockMyWorldRachel and Emily from Tumbleweed..later i found out TabtheBlonde was working and i met up with her later...

So i made my way back over to the girls and Brandy handed me a G&T, making me very happy....we went out onto the patio and sat around, me freezing, but there we sat...we were there long enough for us to finish our drinksand we were back on the walk...we were going to someone's house, i forget the name, but Lauren is always over there..so we walked, and i pointed out the fact that we keep getting further and further away from my house, and i walked to the bars....

we got to the house, located on 12th and Lincoln, i remember making a text to Kmart asking here where she lived because i swore it was nearby, but i never recieved a reply. we hung out there for a long time, well longer than we were at any of the bars for...Lauren and i talked some more, she made the comment on how we had switched roles, she was the talkative one now and i was more to myself..she didn't think i was having fun, but i told her it was a change of sceneery, and as a conservative republican i am not a fan of change, so i would have to warm up to it all, i was just people watching in the mean time... which brings to my next point...Lauren has been the only person in my experince to actual pin me as a republican just from a look, and maybe a conversation at work or two...it seems as if everyone else around me has this common misconception that i am some sort of crazed liberal...whatevs...

whatever, the night grew on and Lauren knew she needed to get some rest, she actually had to work in the morning..so round 4 her and i left, she was gonna give me a ride back to my place..so we walked to her car over by yogi's and she drove me in her little red cougar back to my place..and as i was giving hre the directions she started to freak out a bit..apparently she is always over where i live, he boyrfriend was staying with this guy named Nick, and Nick is the guy who drives that frickin' Scion Van that's always parked in front of the place..so we sat there and talked, being wierded out by how small of a world it really is...and now that i thought about it, i do remember seeing that little red cougar in front of my place, it only stood out because there are only three red cars that ever park out in front of my building, and they all have some sort of significance to me...

so we sat there talking and Lauren finally asks, "well, do you want me to park somewhere and come in?" so we did just that

No comments: