Tuesday, February 11, 2003

A beginning, not just of the Week, and maybe not of the End....

So I got home this morning from Target, spent sometime shooting the breeze, and headed off to bed. Oh, but before i did all that, upon entering my house i took a look at my car. Due to the fact it had snowed, and the streets weren't plowed yet, i noticed that snow had covered all around the edges of my tires. They looked like white walls!!! At that moment i ackowledge the long deep seated fact that i want a car with white walled tires. I mean it looked soo good on the black car like that, ohh if only, who knows what is in store for me....Now, back to what i was saying, it's become all to apparent that I am having the hardest time sleeping in my bed/room. I wake up every now and then, telemarketers calling me all the time, dogs barking, sunlight shining, just annoying shit. So i finally decide to get out of bed, kinda sweaty, just irritable and disorientated, and my hand hurts. upon further inspection i find i have a blood blister, out of nowhere. So i make it into work, a little late, but there, and everyone is in a good mood, all saying hello to me and such, doesn't irritate me as much as it normally would, i just shrug it off and go about my way. For me it's a little wierd, if i'm in a good mood when i enter the building, everyone could talk to me, ask me questions, whatever; however, if i am in an indifferent mood, a "hey" or nod would suffice, and especially would not like to hear somebody saying i was late, grr. but anyways the day just needs to grow on me that's all, my mood will improve as i gradually wake up, and it did for that matter. Started taking care of matters of business that didn't get tended to from the weekend. Made some calls for more interviews, why are we hiring everyone asks, ehh, i guess we just got tired of the old people....but it's those damn lazy morning crews that need to be replaced more than anything, now i'm not saying the night people are perfect, basically those that recover every night will get hours, those who don't will slip off the schdule, i'm announcing this now. Well not like anyone who works at alco readds this, just letting you guys know..anywho...so yeah, i got to do one of the interviews tonight, the other will be held on wednesday, the next day i work, although i think the postion is already filled. yeah, basically the girl i hired, whoops, interviewed tonight is getting the position. Yeah, so when asked on the phone how long will the interview take, i said 30 minutes, then however long it takes to do the math session, but the actual interview, based on responses, takes 30 minutes. Well this girl, jackie wojcik or something like that, she kinda knows me, i mean we talked online way back when, then stopped, and haven't spoken since, but this interview of ours took about 2 hours, including math test. I mean we got off track from the interview sorta at times and brought up interesting things like Mr. Bleha and Mike Arlen, but everything was relivant, or so it seemed then. And i kinda went through some orientation type things, which drug it out to 2 hours. She's a real pleaser, friendly as can be, and even dewes liked her quick wits. I didn't feel right hiring her on the spot, like i did with that other girl, kristin, onlt for the simple fact that i have that other interview on wednesday. you see, at the time, kristin was the only girl i could get ahold of, so it was basically decided during the interview process that she'd be a good canidate to hire, nothing to be "wowed" about, just something. So one more interview to go, then i'll be happy to hire jackie, and that melissa morefoot girl is thinking she has the job, well she never got in contact with me so she can just stay at her little "restuarant" job. That basically wrapped up the night at alco, and then it was off to home, but not before Tony dumped off his couch, haha...
Home, well that place I go to sleep at Nights...
So i got home and my lovely Brookie calls me, her illness has turned on her agian, and probably because of it, she hating schoolwork. I try to encourage her through it, have her read to me some on the lines, and she was doing very well, like a natural writer, then she became spent, writers block and needed a break. So that's when i told her to get some paper and a pen, she hesitantly acknowldged, and then i told her we were going to play Tic-Tac-Toe over the phone. It was so awesome, well i know i at least enjoyed it! We got along very well, no fighting, and th interaction was great. I don't know if i have actually fooled myself into believing we can be friends, or if my mind thought it was like we were still together. it was just very good. I don't know her perspective on it of course, and i don't want to ruin anything, but like i said, it was like we were still together, and if this is what just friends is going to be like, well, then, i don't know how i will take it. On the one hand i have the same interaction i love to have with her like we were together, on the other, we aren't together, mixed emotions and feelings can lead into awkward situations. But for now, I'm going to enjoy every second of it, on whatever level i feel like, get it while i can now, because if it is the end, then, we'll never have it agian. I guess all i can do is keep my feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars....ughh, i actually said that quote, grrrr

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

nice Tic-tac toe thing, also laaaaame the last quote hahaha