Thursday, February 05, 2009

Ouch....

pain pain pain...
but no gain, gain, gain...

2 gym memberships equals double the workout, right?

so another day off, another day of doing nothing...again it began with another night of a horrible sleep regiment..waking up..rolling around...changing beds...it just sucks...so my day starts off at 1, like always, and i really don't have much planned for today..i made a call about my credit report and found a lender who says my credit score is good, i just lack the monthly funds - mind you they are the first to say i have a good credit score - so i start thinking harder on this getting a second job thing..i need to claim 2000 a month...as a server i make that much easily, but claim about half...don't. audit. me....

so i text a friend who works at the gym i go to, they are always hiring so i figure why not work and get a free membership out of it...well, they do have two spots open...monday through friday 4:30am til 11:30am, and the other spot of saturday/sunday 7am to 1pm....cooooool

after that i decide to call the TV guys...since i haven't heard from them yet..i get ahold of them and i am not happy...but i keep my cool as much as possible, just being stern, until the guy asks me where i live... "Jesus fucking christ are you kidding me?! You've been here three times this month!" i lose it, and i try to get off the phone, making the call as short as possible, for his sake...i don't want to say something completely mean that i may regret...

TV arrives shortly, i get some cancer excuse which i feel i am immune to now since TJ is in hospice..the TV gets set up and, it works! cooool, now onto subway to find some food...freshly...a stop at GNC for some protein since my mom didn't buy any....and back to the apartment..

it's then and there that i stumble upon this nifty little website that allows me to make my own movies....the first one i created was a re-enactment of the conversation between the CP creeper and myself...i laughed my fucking ass off...but then i thought...holy shit...i can do my blogs with this!!! and so it began..

i copied and pasted my words on over to the site and started editing...oh. my. dad...i love it...though i have already had one complaint about it..saying there is no tone, this is not how they would think to hear me say it, and so forth...i've always wanted to do a video blog, or have an audio blog you could download and upload into your itunes/ipod for listening later...i'm just not that savvy....so this...this makes all my dreams..kinda possible..

so what i will do is write my blogs as i normally do, but just add the animation in between the body and the last quote, like shown on the wednesday blog post...if anyone has any ideas or suggestions...just let me know

but back to the blog at hand...so Gary and I are supposed to meet one of friends at her gym, L.A. Fitness to give it a shot..Gary and i have been wanting to change our memberships to that gym for awhile because they offer a pool, basketball, and racquetball courts..but somehow i got roped into my roommate's gym awhile back...so we go, use the guest passes, and of course we get haggled by one of the sales associates, he says he is the assistant general manager...

it's always comforting to hear during their pitch that they don't work on commission...but are soooo hell bent on having you join, sign up, whatever...uggggg

so in the end, i ended up giving in and joining..i didn't even get to try it out first...although they said they gave us a 5 days grace period to try it out..it's a larger gym, and a lot more people are there...i'm not a fan of that...when i work out i wanna be almost alone...but not too alone...like in a small confined area, like at my apartment's clubhouse..that was just weird.

start with the standard 30 of cardio, then it was onto arms...what's not cool is being new and trying to locate all the machines and things i used at my old gym here at the new one...then gary and our friend decided to find a volleyball to play with in one of the rooms..this proved to be entertaining...granted there was no net, we all had fun bouncing the ball around....

now when it comes to me and sports, i will sacrifice my body to play...even if it's some stupid "let's see how long we can keep it in the air" game...here i am diving all around on the hardwood floor....that's about the time i scraped up my knees...which i wouldn't find til later when i got home..

after an hour or so of that we played some basketball - i couldn't tell you the last time i played was...i look fondly of my days playing with the rock on the southside of chicago....now, i'm just some sucky average white guy...it's not long before the guys on the other half decide they want to play 4 on 4...now that they have enough people...so they shoot for captains, and start picking people...gary gets picked....then out of nowhere some ringer walks onto the court and he gets picked...leaving me out to dry..coooool, fuck you guys, i'm gonna go play workout...

so another round of arms, i'm about fried when gary walks up to me all pissed off saying we're leaving....coooool....so a new gym and a new website with a new TV is what my Thursday came down to....nice.











"coooool, 2 gym memberships and i still look like the poster-child for couch potatoes"

4 comments:

Amber said...

you have a moustache? And chest hair?

Jangus said...

well...there's soo many things wrong with that picture...no chest hair...no moustache...i don't play tennis, nor do i have an english accent, i don't have red hair, in fact i dispise ginger kids....

but yeah, my blog via animation...enjoy?

Anonymous said...

I saw this on the outside of a prof's door at the ed building: "Half professional, half ginger" and I got creeped out...

Jangus said...

that is odd...